The OTPC is super excited to announce and include a service project as part of OTPC LEADING TOGETHER 2017! OTPC's service project will benefit a great partner organization in our state, Reach Out and Read Oklahoma!
Reach Out and Read’s mission is to give young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read together. In Oklahoma, there are 83 Reach Out and Read programs; 46,935 children served annually; and 74,002 books distributed annually. Click here to for more information about Reach Out and Read Oklahoma.
The OTPC is hosting a BOOK drive! For every item donated, the conference attendee/donor will receive a ticket for a chance at several great door prizes! Must be present to win!
Conference attendees are asked to donate books based on the following specifications per Reach Out and Read Oklahoma:
- NEW books only
- Books for ages five years and below
- Board books
- Spanish language books are also needed
NO BOOKS WITH SUBJECTS RELATED TO HOLIDAYS, RELIGION, OR HEAVY TOPICS SUCH AS DEATH, DIVORCE, ETC.
Book donations will be accepted at:
Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), Suite 508:
- Monday- Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- August 1st - August 29, 2017
- This is a book drop off location for OSDH and Local County Health Department Employees ONLY
Marriott Conference Center at NCED, Main Conference Center Hall, Resource Room:
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Tuesday, August 29, 2017
- 7:00 am to 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 30, 2017
- 7:30 am to 12:00 pm on Thursday, August 31, 2017
OK Turning Point Council